It’s clear that here at Whale Agency we have strong opinions against stock pictures, as seen in our last post (Stocking 101: from Lame to O.K), we believe that stock pictures have taken a bad turn since the beginning of the interwebs. Luckily , there’s a new breed of stock photographers who are really working hard on making our internet beautiful and relevant to users.
We have been collecting resources of stock pictures that don’t suck for as long as Whale Agency exists, and today, we present our so valuable list to you.
Please note that all the pictures covered in this list are under a creative commons license, meaning that they are free to use for commercial and non-commercial purposes as long as the original author is mentioned.
Enjoy browsing our list of stock picture websites that don’t suck!
- Little Visuals http://littlevisuals.co/?ref=whaleagency
- Unsplash http://unsplash.com/?ref=whaleagency
- Death to the Stock Photo http://join.deathtothestockphoto.com/?ref=whaleagency
- New Old Stock http://nos.twnsnd.co/
- Superfamous (requires attribution) http://superfamous.com/
- Picjumbo http://picjumbo.com/
- The Pattern Library http://thepatternlibrary.com/
- Gratisography http://www.gratisography.com/
- Getrefe http://getrefe.tumblr.com/
- IM Free (requires attribution) http://imcreator.com/free
- Jay Mantri http://jaymantri.com/
- Public Domain Archive http://publicdomainarchive.com/
- Magdeleine http://magdeleine.co/
- Foodiesfeed http://foodiesfeed.com
- Picography http://picography.co/
- Canva http://picography.co/